Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Different stages for same ages...

I admit I did try a little rice cereal with the girls around 4 months.  I was curious how they would handle it.  It didn't go so well.  So I decided to wait until 5 months and try again.  They did better.  Not excellent but better.  I  started again with just simple rice cereal mixed with some of their formula.  I fed them 3 or 4 ounces of formula first (they usually eat 6 oz) and then attempted to give them some cereal.  When they fussed, I gave them a little more formula and then tried again after burping.  They seemed to like it.

I have already learned that twins (from what I've read...even identical) definitely do not follow the same timeline for development.  So it wasn't a surprise to me, however, it definitely demonstrates that some are quicker than others to learn.  Seren took to cereal like it was nothing new or challenging.  She spit back minimally (until she was done with eating).  Kendall didn't seem to catch on so well.  She would take it in and spit most of it back out.  She smiled and enjoyed it but didn't seem to know what was expected.  Maybe more interesting food choices will provide more motivation to eat it.

 Seren...literally pretty clean considering
Kendall...food faced  (I spoon cleaned them both equally)

No comments: