Friday, July 29, 2011

Jar Heads

*disclaimer:  I've never seen the movie Jar Head though I think Jake Gyllenhaal is generally a good actor*

This morning after the kiddos had filled up on 5 oz of formula and an ounce or two of oatmeal and prunes respectively (Seren gets oatmeal and Kendall gets prunes)...they seemed to want more.  Being that I wasn't interested in heating up cubes that might not be eaten, I broke open my first jar of baby food.  It was one that I had gotten from Beech Nut (4 jars for free) and was thinking about using on a future air travel trip.

The reaction...I don't know if they were actually full or just didn't like it.  I poured out half of the 4 oz jar and put the rest in the fridge.  It was a new flavor so I'm sure that threw them for a small loop but they still were just not eager to eat it.  It was fruit so I thought it was a safe bet.  We ate the rest for lunch and they seemed to do a little better.  I guess they don't see what the big deal is with jarred food.  It is convenient for sure but I think we'll travel with some of the homemade stuff so we can guarantee they eat it.

No comments: