Friday, June 3, 2011

Organic Switch...

I am not normally a paranoid mom.  But when I read this article about What to Buy Organic it makes me want to use more precaution about what I'm feeding my girls.  The article lists baby food as one of big things that we should buy (or make) organic.  It states that children grow the most (physical and neurological development being huge) from birth to age 3.  They also eat more pound for pound than adults do so the impact of pesticides and antibiotics found in food has a higher impact on them.  Like the article states, if you are going to pick one time in your life to be organic now is a great time to do so.  This includes women who are pregnant or expecting also.

I may not be able to cut out all the non-organic stuff but it makes suggestions of the top ones to cut (potatoes, ketchup, apples, etc) and then also has a list of "The Dirty Dozen" which are foods found most concentrated with chemicals.  Definitely something to keep in mind.

No comments: